Moving with the Mcdowells

We did it. We FINALLY moved. After a year of almost moves, we finally got our first home in sweet South Carolina. Most of our journey followed our original plans in Moving | The Breakdown and Road Trip, but we did it in THREE days with two dogs!

Thank goodness everything was already settled prior to Dylan's arrival, since I was able to do the military move myself. A lot happened in between, but we made it!!

 Originally we had fourteen days of leave, seven would be allotted to move. We had planned to have a more luxurious & sight-seeing trip, but ya know military right lol ( I know I harp on them a lot, but honestly this lifestyle is often a saving grace). Instead we had I think eight days maybe? The day we picked him up, one day to rest, one to pack up with movers, three on the road, and two to settle after check-in.

We ended up paying out of pocket since the funds didn't get to us on time which was such a pain. *eye roll * Luckily, I planned for this and we had reserves! Unfortunately, this meant the crappiest hotels...literally wouldn't even shower with sandals on. Thankfully thats in the past now, we lived and we learned. It's been about two months since we got to South Carolina and I LOVE IT. I'm still piecing things together, but its so nice to be in my own home again.

All in all I do recommend moving through DMO if possible if you're in the military. It made my life a lot easier, they even packed everything (which is required per regulations). I sat there watching them pack not knowing what to do with myself. This makes your life so much easier and normally saves you money.  Had we done a DITY or move-yourself we would've paid way more. We even pocketed a decent amount with DLA (make sure you check fi you're eligible) since we had to move on our tight out-of-pocket budget.

Time to finish settling in so I can get more content on here for y'all! McDowell Manor reveals coming soon.

Xo,
Lisa Monique
email: lisamoniquehealthandfitness@gmail.com
instagram / twitter: lisa__monique


Comments

Popular Posts