learn to love Y O U



I've begun my journey to a happier, healthier, and holy-er life, but I haven't always thought this way....

I've always struggled with self-image and self esteem problems. I don't think I can remember a single moment that I haven't. This can be solely the feeling of being unachieved, not good enough, or just wanting to fulfill another's expectations. I have struggled with my body image, being discontent with my personal achievements, and always fighting to "fit in".

Recently, I've challenged myself to learn to just love ME. I mean there's only one of me in this whole world, why am I always trying to be like everyone else? Why do I fight to fulfill other's expectations? Why do I never feel achieved? I believe I grew up in a society and environment that taught me this is just how life is.

I'm currently in the process of reteaching myself how to go about life. I'm an adult now, with my own family, and my own ways of life... Why not live life how I please? Why not learn to be happy and content? Why live by someone else's expectations when I can create my own?

I'm fortunate to be my own boss, my own leader, my personal challenger, and my motivator. I have the freedom to not be beneath anyone. I am a partner in life, a fur-mom, and #bossbabe. Why am I not using the opportunity of the independence I hold? Why do I live as if I'm under another's reign? This needs to STOP.

As I go through this journey I am using many different approaches, resources, and forms of healing.

Thus far, I have begun to enlighten myself through the practice of yoga and self reflection, am discovering how to let go and heal myself through third party opinions and guidance with Therapy, educate myself with self-development readings, and whenever given the chance, I research what I may question or seek to be more knowledgable about.

My journey has just begun, as one may say I'm only at the tip of the iceberg, but I'm determined to love myself, become more educated about myself, and to live a happier and more content life. I know this is a life long journey, and there will be many times of doubt, but I deserve to love this life and the person god created to live it. I may never be satisfied, because without progress what is life? I also know I need to learn to be proud of myself at both my highs and my lows.

This is one goal I owe to myself to achieve no matter what trials may be ahead of me. I'm blessed to know that in times of doubt I have a partner who will be my everlasting motivator, who will always remind me of the light, and who will never give up on myself or passions.

I hope you either continue to love yourself no matter what others say or what you feel in times of darkness, or begin your journey to loving the most beautiful and unique creation, Y O U.

Xo,
Lisa Monique
email: lisamoniquehealthandfitness@gmail.com
instagram/twitter: lisa__monique

Comments

Popular Posts