Long Distance Relationships

Have you ever wondered how its going to work?

You're not alone. This is my struggle as a Military Spouse.

33 weeks and 2 days ago I drove away from my best friend, my fiancé. He told me he was joining the Marine Corps and I needed to go back home while he was away. 17 weeks and one day ago he was home on a short leave, we got married!! After that it was no communication for a few weeks and an occasional weekend visit. Then he moved on to further training....thousands of miles away. We have been limited to FaceTime dates and maybe a short restricted weekend visit. How do I get through it?

1. I stay busy 
 I've been frequently sick over the past 9 months which has limited me to bedrest at times or little impact on my body. This has caused a great inner struggle for me... which actually ignited a positive flame. I stopped being sad and did something for myself AND my family. I started my own online business!! What is better than a schedule I control and being my own boss? I work from wherever I am whenever I please. More recently, I started up this blog to give me an outlet for my journeys and lifestyle ideas which has also been a positive way for me to progress and distract myself.
I get to make the best of ever day, even when it is spent in bed. I even keep a planner of the littlest "to dos" just so I have something to look forward to. 

2. I focus on myself
I may be limited to what I can physically achieve but I most definitely make the most of it! I'm continuing my health and fitness journey no matter how hard or long it takes. I've focused on bettering my diet and using plant-based products to get the best results inside and out of my body. I've began to dabble in yoga, which I'm quite fond of. I love how it both challenges and relaxes my body/mind. I do nice things like have a salon day when it's rough or just because! I surround myself with positive people. I never stop believing in the greatness I can achieve, however I may or whatever that means to me.

3. I remember the finish line
I keep in mind that in __ amount of days he comes home, the distance will be over (for now) and we get to go to our new home (wherever they send us). I know that it may feel eternal, but the wait for my Hero to be home will end. 

4. I never take a moment for granted with him
Of course not every day is sunny, it's funny how distance seems to play tricks with that, but I know our love is everlasting. We bicker some days, like all couples do, but we always remember every day apart is a day closer to being together again. Distance isn't easy it makes you miss someone more than one can imagine, however, it also brings a new found admiration and passion for the one you are longing for. Appreciation grows, love strengthens, and both you and relationship are challenged in the most terribly wonderful ways. 

Just remember, the wait isn't eternal but your love can be.

Xo,
Lisa Monique
email: lisamoniquehealthandfitness@gmail.com
instagram/twitter: lisa__monique


Comments

Popular Posts