J U D G E M E N T

What is it really?

Hey y'all my therapist thought it would be good for me to think about what judgement means to me, so I figured I'd share it with y'all. I think this assignment can actually help a lot of people feel better about life. I don't necessarily think that it's for the purpose of being more optimistic, but for being more logical and less emotional about how things are.

Here's what I've gathered....

Definitions:
the ability to make considered decisions or come to sensible conclusions.
an opinion or conclusion.
a misfortune or calamity viewed as a divine punishment.

What does it mean to me?
Judgement to me personally is someones opinion or perspective of something or someone. There are positive judgements and negative judgements. 

Judgements can be conflicted or influenced. 

Judgements define how you personally perceive someone or something. 

Judgement applies a feeling, emotion, or energy to what is said/thought. 

More knowledge...
I recently read a blog post by Spirit that helped me further understand judgement and how it influences my every day life.

" If somebody cuts you off in traffic and you get angry, is that lesson good or bad?  Well you could say, “It is bad. It made me angry.” You could also look at it and say, “It is good because I caught myself and instead of yelling out or acting out on my anger, I let it go.”


Instead of putting the judgement of good or bad on the reaction simply see it as a lesson. The person cut you off in traffic and you get angry, that doesn’t mean that it is bad, that is simply your reaction. Ask yourself, “Is this how I want to react to these situations?”  If the answer is “no”—(Which I would suggest your answer should be “no” because why would you want to give that kind of power or energy to something that you can’t control?)—then remove the worry about whether something is good or bad and see it for what it is.
This will assist in helping you to reprogram your reactions to things that happen in your life. "
My thoughts..
Basically removing your judgment from a situation removes your emotions, in which you are able to think more logically than emotionally. Therefore, you won't be as effected by the situation. Instead of feeling bad about how you may have reacted, you see it more as a lesson or growth. Removing judgement from how you perceive things can definitely help one with insecurities. Rather than seeing things as good or bad, you simply just see it as it is and accept it. If you don't like it, change it. This really simplifies things so you aren't as heavily affected.
Example:  If I were to look at myself with judgment I may say/think..
" Oh my goodness, I've gained so much weight..what is wrong with me?! Why am I such a failure, I can never do anything right. I don't even take care of myself...ect. "
If I were to look at myself without judgement I may say/think....
" Well looks like I gained some weight. That's just life, it happens right? I'm not content with my current state though so lets see what I can do to change that..... " This was neither positive nor negative, just a simple observation. 
I really think judgement affects people and that if you alter how you perceive things, you can be more at peace with yourself. I know I will always be my worst critic, but changing how I use my judgement can definitely impact life for the better. 
I mean look at Ashley Graham.. she's fabulous, she accepts what makes her..well her, and she thrives from it!!
How do y'all feel about judgment?

Xo,
Lisa Monique
email: lisamoniquehealthandfitness@gmail.com
instagram/twitter: lisa__monique



Comments

Popular Posts